Life is made up of millions of moments and memories that shape us into who we are. The trials and tribulations, coupled with the imperfectly perfect; the scars and the moments of splendour all rolled together to make up our life and our memories. The human in us hides the scars from the world, but the good moments…aaah, the good moments! Those we freeze, in our minds, in our hearts and sometimes, if we’re quick enough to have a camera at hand, we freeze them in a photograph (cue Ed Sheeran’s song – Photograph) and then, of course, share them with our friends on the internet 😉
It’s no secret that I love taking pictures! Not so much the “selfies” kind, but the one’s that freeze my memories. The one’s that capture the moments I want permanently imprinted in my mind and etched in my heart. The times that I never want to forget…that when my memory starts to fade, the picture brings it back to life again. The kind, that when I look back on life, highlights the greatest moments with my family.
In May this year, my Blog turned 3! That’s three whole years of recording and sharing my memories! Three years that so many of you have been tagging along on my journey without much of an offering from me…besides, of course, the stories that I share. I’ve never been big on giveaways, but only because I never really found one that was suited to the theme of my blog. Until now! And I’m extremely excited to share this prize with one lucky reader!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you will know that there are few things very important to me – my family mainly, capturing all the precious and sentimental moments with them on camera, and then preserving my memories with them in the form of this blog! You may also have noticed some fantastic new images accompanying my latest posts taken by 2Cherries Photography. And because we understand all to well the importance of preserving memories (and also how us mom’s are often left behind the camera instead of in front of it), we’ve teamed up with them to spoil one lucky reader with a photo shoot to the value of R 2000!!!
Want to know how you can win this incredible prize AND a chance for your story to feature on the Blog?? Follow the prompts below!
- You must LIKE both 2Cherries Photography (here) and Life and Times of the Fireflies (here) on Facebook.
- Tell us why you deserve to win this prize! We want to know why you want to preserve this moment in time…You could have just overcome an obstacle in life, reached your goal weight, stepped away from a relationship that was draining, conquered Cancer, gone back to study…or just because you’re awesome! It can be anything. Tell us why we should choose YOU! The most inspiring story will be chosen.
You can either email you entry story to me (doesn’t have to be long) firstname.lastname@example.org OR
comment on the original post on the Life and Times of the Fireflies page.
No entries on shared posts will be accepted.
- SHARE this post on your Timeline.
- You have until the 15 July to enter. Winner will be announced on my birthday, 22 July 2016
- Once you have completed all the steps…comment DONE on the original thread and your entry will be processed.
*Unfortunately, this competition is only open to Cape Town readers.
Looking forward to all your inspiring stories!