In the spirit of keeping things simple, and minimising time in the kitchen in order to maximise our time in spiritual endeavours; I am sharing my quick and easy, no bake chocolate squares!! The saving on time does in no way compromise it’s decadence. This is a devilishly delightful treat, that will have you wishing you could dip your fingers in the sauce as you go along. This recipe probably has all the ingredients for a failed diet, and one block simply isn’t enough. BE WARNED!!! Here is the recipe, which I have courteously doubled, because one batch simply isn’t enough….
You will need:
- 2 packets Marie biscuits (broken into pieces)
- 250gr butter
- 4 tblsp sugar
- 4 tblsp golden syrup
- 4 tblsp condensed milk
- 4 tblsp cocoa powder
- 200 gr milk chocolate (for decorating)
- white chocolate (for decorating)
- In a pot, slowly heat together butter, condensed milk, sugar and golden syrup, stirring frequently until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder.
- Add broken marie biscuits and stir thoroughly until biscuit pieces are well coated.
- Pour into a large rectangular dish, pressing the top down slightly with the back of a spoon to ensure even distribution and a smooth finish on top.
- Leave to set (I prefer to let it set outside of the fridge), and then decorate with melted chocolate, and drizzle some white chocolate to finish it off. At this point you can put it in the fridge.
- Cut into blocks and enjoy!
- This mixture can also be made to look like truffles. Just roll them into balls once mixture is cooled down, dip into chocolate, drizzle and decorate however you want,and put into mini cookie cups 🙂
- If your heat is turned up too high during melting, the ingredients tend to scorch and give the squares a slightly burnt taste (I have learnt this by trial and error). Hence, do not add cocoa powder during the melting process.